Saturday, August 6, 2016

C-Section Saturday: 9 Pounds & 6 Inches


As I have mentioned before I will be using Saturdays to discuss, teach, and learn about C-Section recovery for athletes. Be prepared, some of the information that we discuss will be graphic, but I assure you that I will do my best to cover each topic with the grace of the true southern lady that I am. With that being said lets jump in! 

Can I tell you something that drive me crazy? When people say that they can't afford to get fit. I hear it a lot especially from moms. People have bought in to this idea that you have to have powders, special containers, and pills to get fit. 

That simply isn't true. 

Fitness isn't built on what the magazines and social media tries to tell us. Think about it for a second. How many people do you know selling "health and fitness" stuff. It comes in the form of powders, pills, and "coaching" from people that have ZERO qualifications. They post up pictures of themselves after however many weeks claiming that their powders, pills, and potions made the difference. 

Let me tell you a little secret... 

You don't need it. 


In the last four weeks I lost 9 pounds and 6 inches of fat. 
Guess how many powders I drank? 
ZERO.
 Guess how many pills I took? 
None.

You know what I did? 
I worked out consistently, every single day. 
I ate REAL food, every single meal.
That is it. 
  
This is where people will say, "Cooking healthy is too hard and I can't afford a gym membership". 
Let me help you with that:

Here is a link to our at home workouts
These require a jump rope as your only piece of equipment. 
Don't have a real jump rope? use a piece of rope. 
Do two workouts a day four days a week. 

Don't like those workouts? Here is a running plan designed for de-conditioned athletes
I started this program 6 weeks after major abdominal surgery. If I can do it, you can do it. 

Nutrition doesn't have to be complicated. Here is my list of 14 healthy crock pot freezer meals. When I  purchased everything on the shopping list it came out to $171.83 for 14 dinners. There were leftovers for all of them so that comes out to 28 meals for 171.83. That comes out to $6.13 per meal for both my husband and me. 


Finally, don't wait. Don't stall. 
If you want to get fit, do it. 
You don't get a restart on this life. 
You will never be younger than you are now. 
Get up, get moving. 
You can do this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you enjoyed our post today. Please remember that this is a Christian blog. Profane, vulgar or threatening comments will be removed and the user will be blocked. Thank you for keeping our little corner of the internet bright!