Saturday, June 18, 2016

C-Section Saturday: Multitasking Queen



As I have mentioned before I will be using Saturdays to discuss, teach, and learn about C-Section recovery for athletes. Be prepared, some of the information that we discuss will be graphic, but I assure you that I will do my best to cover each topic with the grace of the true southern lady that I am. With that being said lets jump in! 

The number one question that I get asked from other moms, C-Section or not, is how do you do it all? 

Here is a little bit of what I do: 

Pursuing my spiritual life,
being an Army wife,
raising an 18 month-old
having a newborn,
running a full-time fitness ministry, 
cooking paleo meals from scratch, 
my own physical training,
keeping a clean house 
having friends

The truth is, I don't do all of these at the same time and I have to be very careful to not let this list become an idol for me. I struggle with not just wanting to seem perfect, but with wanting to actually BE perfect and that just isn't real. 

So, now that we have covered the unrealistic expectations, how do I do my daily life? 

In the Army, they talk often about being "tasked" with things. My job is to carefully look at what I have to do and see where it fits. In light of that I carefully look at my schedule each week with Brian at our weekly planning meetings. There we discuss the the week and the activities that we have going on. And then I multitask. I try to be as efficient as possible in everything that I do. Benjamin Franklin said, "Don't put off for tomorrow what can be done today." I am a big believer in working hard when it is time to work and then setting the work aside. 

The first four items on my list are my priority. These things have to happen EVERY SINGLE DAY, even when I am tired, even when I am less than 100%. 

These are my focus. 

The other stuff is great to do, but honestly, no one is going to kill over if I order a pizza for dinner tonight. My own personal training is important to me, but at this point in my life (I'm not trying to compete) I have other things to focus on. Keeping a perfect house with a toddler is difficult. Keeping a perfect house with a 3 foot tall 18 month old is dang near impossible. Does it irritate me that there are ALWAYS hand-prints on the front window of the house? A little. But then I remember that one day there won't be. One day, this 18 month old will be 18 years old and may not be in my home anymore. Those little hand-prints are what happens when my son runs up to the window to tell me all about what is happening in the neighborhood. That is where he said, "pup" for the first time. 

No matter what social media may show you, no one really lives the way that they present themselves on their instagram, facebook, or whatever. In real life there are messes and you burn the chicken, and the sink stops up. That is real life. I am learning to keep in mind that God didn't call me to have a perfect house, He called me to be His child, Brian's wife, and Henry and William's mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you enjoyed our post today. Please remember that this is a Christian blog. Profane, vulgar or threatening comments will be removed and the user will be blocked. Thank you for keeping our little corner of the internet bright!