Saturday, July 30, 2016

C-Section Saturday: Getting Back to Work


As I have mentioned before I will be using Saturdays to discuss, teach, and learn about C-Section recovery for athletes. Be prepared, some of the information that we discuss will be graphic, but I assure you that I will do my best to cover each topic with the grace of the true southern lady that I am. With that being said lets jump in! 

Normally when a mom says that she is getting back to work after having a baby, people envision a woman going back to an office job of some sort or maybe back in to a classroom. My world doesn't work quite like that. For me, getting back to work means getting back to the gym. 

Don't get me wrong. I have coached while I was recovering, but up until this point I had hardly lifted at all. I had picked up weights to put them away, or lifted the occasional 45 pound bar for a smaller athlete. But that is it. 

I missed it, a lot.  

Brian and I went out in an evening when we didn't have training and he helped me work up to workable numbers for all of our lifts. I was so encouraged at the end of the session. It felt so good to put my body through the movements again. At the same time though, it was SUPER humbling to have to start at 5 pounds on every single lift. 

But, you have to start somewhere. 

So, for all of you other athletes out there, here are my numbers 8 weeks post C-Section:


**********************


I will admit that seeing these numbers is hard for me. 

But I don't have to stay here. 

Yes I had major abdominal surgery so I need to train smart and safe. I have now been training cardio a whole two weeks and this is my first day back to strength training. I know that it is going to be a long and slow road, but I am ready. 

The real question isn't if I can do it, it is how badly do I want it?

Psalm 139;19 says that "God knit me together in my mother's womb". Isn't it amazing to be a part of the miracle of birth? Isn't it amazing what God made our bodies to do? Your body will look different. Your body will feel different. But your body is incredible and don't you let anyone tell you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you enjoyed our post today. Please remember that this is a Christian blog. Profane, vulgar or threatening comments will be removed and the user will be blocked. Thank you for keeping our little corner of the internet bright!