Saturday, July 16, 2016

C-Section Saturday: Trolls and Giving Up


As I have mentioned before I will be using Saturdays to discuss, teach, and learn about C-Section recovery for athletes. Be prepared, some of the information that we discuss will be graphic, but I assure you that I will do my best to cover each topic with the grace of the true southern lady that I am. With that being said lets jump in! 

After having my C-section recovery stuff up for a while now I have received a lot of feedback. Some of it has been positive and encouraging (thank you gym ladies!) and some of it has been truly awful. When a group of internet trolls found my blog they left a bunch pf hateful comments here on this page and on my personal blog I have heard comments like, "You should be ashamed of yourself" "Hideous" "Lost cause" "disgusting" and worse. 

I will confess, it hurt my heart deeply. In fact, I almost stopped my project all together. However, after a lot of prayer and I talking with B and one of my favorite mentors, I was left with a choice. 

Do I go on and continue writing to encourage and uplift other C-Section moms, or do I stop because some lonely, miserable people said the exact things to me that I am fighting against? 

The answer is: I will continue. 

I will continue to write and document my recovery because I believe in my cause. 

A c-section is a horrific, barbaric surgery that literally cuts your body in half, but it is also a life-saving necessity for some of us. It is a gift that allows us to get to experience our children, and continue to live when 100 years ago we would not have been able to do so. That is not to say that I would recommend it. In fact, having experienced two C-sections first hand I can honestly say that I would strongly discourage any woman from having a C-section unless it was a medical necessity. This is not to "shame" anyone but rather to acknowledge the seriousness of major abdominal surgery and the amount of recovery that is required from it. 

That is why I believe in my cause. Because you can recover from it, no matter what anyone else says. 

I believe that every single woman that has had a C-section deserves to know what it will be like. She deserves to see what her body will be like. She deserves to know that she is not alone. I will continue to write so that other athletes, other women will be able to say, "I know I can do this, I have seen it done". 

1 comment:

  1. My mother had all 3 of us with c-section :( She says it was very difficult on the recovery times. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth!

    ReplyDelete

We hope you enjoyed our post today. Please remember that this is a Christian blog. Profane, vulgar or threatening comments will be removed and the user will be blocked. Thank you for keeping our little corner of the internet bright!